In the months leading up to Christmas at King’s Chandelier Services Ltd we see an increase in the sale of antique and vintage crystal chandelier spares as clients restore and repair their chandeliers in readiness of the festive season – these slightly higher than usual sales continue into January following Christmas and New Year Party Mis-haps.
We will always do what we can to assist with the supply of authentic replacement vintage parts but would like to offer a few tips to try to minimise the upset of such mishaps.
Damage is generally caused by very similar accidents and incidents with the majority of people thinking that it could “only happen to them” in such a way.
A few simple things to remember over the festivities are:-
1. if your child received a football or the such as a present remind them the chandelier does not make a good
2. if new golf clubs were the gift again the golf swing needs to be practised out of reach of the chandelier!
3. Champagne to celebrate the incoming year – point the bottle away the from chandelier – those corks can fly!
4. Changing the light bulbs on the chandelier – remember support the chandelier arm and do not apply too much pressure – this
is one of the main causes of broken chandelier arms
5. Taking the chandelier down to protect it from damage over the festivities? Make sure it is properly supported and packed
away – do not place the chandelier on its arms the weight could be too much for them and cause cracks or complete breakages
6. Remember when carrying ladders or large items through the house to keep an eye out for the chandeliers and to tell
contractors you have chandeliers when they come to do work in your property
Everyone at King’s Chandelier Services Ltd would like to wish you a Very Happy and Prosperous New year