At King’s Chandelier Services Ltd we are aware that placing orders online can be a daunting process for those new to e-commerce and online sales; and for all online shoppers the subject of website security, ease of contact and returns policies are all extremely important and rightly so.
With this in mind we would like to reassure new and old customers alike that we take this very seriously:-
- Our contact us page clearly displays our registered office address, telephone and fax number together with the email contact form please feel welcome to contact us by telephone
- Each page of our website displays our registered office address, company registration number and VAT for your peace of mind
- Our Terms and Conditions are displayed for reading and need to be accepted when placing an online order*
- Our website has secure payments system meaning your personal details are kept secure when making payments etc using the up to date SSL certification
- We do NOT pass your details to any third parties
- We do not use email marketing and will not contact you in the future unless this is requested by you – we respect your privacy and that you may need to only order from us ocassionally
- If you prefer to place your order over the telephone our telephone sales lines open at 10 a.m. Monday to Friday
- Our Terms and Conditions detail our returns policy but please do speak to us if you are uncertain of an item before purchase or if you make a mistake when ordering we can usually resolve issues quickly and easily – please note some items are outside of our normal returns policy so if you are uncertain please telephone us so we can discuss this with you.
Here are some quick tips if you are thinking of cleaning your chandelier this weekend.
Before you start make sure that you have turned off the electric supply to your light fitting and that everyone knows that you are working on the chandeliers.
Put down some dust sheets or something similar just in case you drop a piece and if possible move other furniture out of the way.
DO NOT turn the chandelier move your ladder around the chandelier to clean it, turning the chandelier may unscrew it!
If you are not using a commercially available chandelier cleaning solution then clean your chandelier crystals in the same way you would clean your crystal glasses, warm soapy water.
If you are undressing your chandelier (taking all the crystals off) to clean them away from the chandelier take some photos to assist when you come to redress the chandelier (rehang the crystals).
DO NOT put your chandelier crystals in the dishwasher!
Following the recent Brexit vote and a telephone conversation today with one of our European customers we would like to assure all our European and International customers, new and old, that at King’s Chandelier Services Ltd we continue to sell overseas and are happy to do so.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email.
#lightingaccessories #lighting components #chandelierrestoration #chandelierrepair
With our website showing measurements in the metric format we are often asked for imperial sizes, we cannot display these sizes on our website but give the guidelines below – please note this is a guide only:-
1 inch = 25.4 millimetres
1in = 2.5400cm
22mm = 055⁄64in
23mm = 029⁄32in
24mm = 015⁄16in
27mm = 1 1/16in
28mm = 1 7⁄64in
29mm = 1 9⁄64in
33mm = 1 19⁄64in
34mm = 1 11⁄32in
35mm = 1 3⁄8in
37mm = 1 29⁄64in
40mm = 1 37⁄64in
One metre = 39 3⁄8in
1m = 3ft 33⁄8in
If you have visited our website site, www.kingschandeliers.co.uk, you will have seen that we stock an extensive range of lamp holders.
With such a comprehensive range we get asked a lot questions and one of the most common we receive after purchase is this:-
“I have assembled my lampholder before wiring – how do I take it apart?”
If you have purchased your lampholder from King’s Chandelier Services Ltd the following instructions are relevant for :-
- 3 PART E27 & 3 PART E26 BAKERLIGHT LAMP HOLDERS IN GOLD, WHITE AND BLACK
- E14 3 PART BAKERLIGHT LAMP HOLDERS
- E14 & E27 NICKEL PLATED AND BRASS PLATED 3 PART LAMPHOLDERS
If you have assembled your lamp holder before wiring the safety mechanism will kick in and it will not be as easy to disassemble but it can be done – a bit fiddly and patience needed – but it is possible.
There is a small flap inside that acts as a ratchet, you need to push this down whilst at the same time turning the skirt anti-clockwise this releases the safety mechanism allowing you to disassemble the lampholder ready for wiring and installation.
Please remember these instructions are for items you have purchased from King’s Chandelier Services Ltd and may not be suitable for items purchased from third parties. If you are in any doubt please contact your supplier or electrician.