At King’s Chandelier Services Ltd we are aware that placing orders online can be a daunting process for those new to e-commerce and online sales; and for all online shoppers the subject of website security, ease of contact and returns policies are all extremely important and rightly so.
With this in mind we would like to reassure new and old customers alike that we take this very seriously:-
- Our contact us page clearly displays our registered office address, telephone and fax number together with the email contact form please feel welcome to contact us by telephone
- Each page of our website displays our registered office address, company registration number and VAT for your peace of mind
- Our Terms and Conditions are displayed for reading and need to be accepted when placing an online order*
- Our website has secure payments system meaning your personal details are kept secure when making payments etc using the up to date SSL certification
- We do NOT pass your details to any third parties
- We do not use email marketing and will not contact you in the future unless this is requested by you – we respect your privacy and that you may need to only order from us ocassionally
- If you prefer to place your order over the telephone our telephone sales lines open at 10 a.m. Monday to Friday
- Our Terms and Conditions detail our returns policy but please do speak to us if you are uncertain of an item before purchase or if you make a mistake when ordering we can usually resolve issues quickly and easily – please note some items are outside of our normal returns policy so if you are uncertain please telephone us so we can discuss this with you.
Here are some quick tips if you are thinking of cleaning your chandelier this weekend.
Before you start make sure that you have turned off the electric supply to your light fitting and that everyone knows that you are working on the chandeliers.
Put down some dust sheets or something similar just in case you drop a piece and if possible move other furniture out of the way.
DO NOT turn the chandelier move your ladder around the chandelier to clean it, turning the chandelier may unscrew it!
If you are not using a commercially available chandelier cleaning solution then clean your chandelier crystals in the same way you would clean your crystal glasses, warm soapy water.
If you are undressing your chandelier (taking all the crystals off) to clean them away from the chandelier take some photos to assist when you come to redress the chandelier (rehang the crystals).
DO NOT put your chandelier crystals in the dishwasher!
Following the recent Brexit vote and a telephone conversation today with one of our European customers we would like to assure all our European and International customers, new and old, that at King’s Chandelier Services Ltd we continue to sell overseas and are happy to do so.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email.
#lightingaccessories #lighting components #chandelierrestoration #chandelierrepair
At King’s Chandelier Services we listen to our customers and their suggestions and to our own experiences of buying online.
We have always maintained that there will be no minimum order value on our websites and offer bulk discounts on application and have reviewed our postage tariff’s.
As we all know Royal Mail has introduced price increases again this year but we are not increasing our postage charges in fact we are introducing free postage on selected items!
These items display a Free Postage banner for easy identification, when combining with products that are applicable to a postage charge postage is only charged for these items not the free postage items.
Be assured at King’s Chandelier Services Ltd, whether purchasing from our on-line store, engaging our chandelier restoration team or having your chandeliers cleaned we offer high quality products and good customer service – visit our website http://www.kingschandeliers.co.uk for more details
Looking at our website you will be aware that at King’s Chandelier Services Ltd we specialise in the care and restoration of antique and vintage chandeliers, either undertaking the restoration on a clients behalf or supplying the vintage parts for a clients own chandelier restoration (a task that can become a labour of love rather than a daunting task) but you may not have realised that we stock a large comprehensive range of lighting accessories.
The range of lighting accessories compliments the chandelier restoration projects but covers much more to include everyday lighting maintenance and repair. Visit our Spares, Parts and accessory pages, http://www.kingschandeliers.co.uk/chandelier-parts-and-accessories.html to view the various categories.
Are you a little daunted by choosing electrical cable? We often receive calls from customers asking us to explain the different electrical cables that we sell as they are looking to restore their chandeliers personally or their electrician has asked them to source the electrical cable for their chandelier restoration or lighting project but has not clearly specified which cable to purchase?
In this blog we aim to give you some information that will assist with your choice and help you avoid ordering an incorrect item.
There are a few questions you need to ask yourself or your electrician before you start.
- Do you need 2 core electric cable or 3 core electric cable? 2 core electrical cable does NOT have an earth and so is suitable for plastic lamp holders only – 3 core electrical cable HAS an earth and so is suitable for using with metal lamp holders
- What is the amp requirements of your light fitting/chandelier? At King’s Chandeliers we supply both 0.75mm and 0.50mm INNER core cables and as the core size suggests they have different amp suitability. 0.50mm inner core cables available from kingschandeliers.co.uk have a maximum 3 amp rating and 0.75mm inner core cables available from our website have a maximum 6 amp rating.In addition to the amps look at the wattage your light fitting/chandelier will be using – if in doubt check with your electrician or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering
- If using 2 core electrical cable do you need to earth your chandelier- this is going to depend on your chandelier restoration and if it includes any metal components. Earth tags are available from our website, your electrician can advise on the appropriate use of earth tags.
- You will also need to take into account the outer width of the electrical cable and the space you have too thread the cable through on your chandelier/light fitting. Please note the outer diameter of the cable is NOT the 0.75mm and 0.50mm dimensions referred to in the main cable descriptions, as previously advised these are the inner cores not outer dimensions. As a general rule the 0.50mm inner core cable available from our website is approx. 5-6mm outer diameter and the 0.75mm inner core is approx. 6-7mm however there are a couple of variants to these measurements including a mini clear cable which is the thinnest and strongest lighting cable that we have come across – if you need a thin cable for your chandelier restoration this is the only one we would recommend.
You will find a comprehensive range of colours, styles and finishes in our electrical cable section including clear cables, vintage styles and colours, pvc finishes etc with minimum order levels of just one metre up to bulk orders by the 50 and 100 metre spools.